I am still struggling with the name thing, so any thoughts would really be helpful!! Her name is Sha Miao pronounced sa meow or maybe sha meow we will not know till we get there. She will be 4 or close to it. I am really struggling with changing it! I think Sha Miao Mei is a really beautiful name, my concerns are what kids will say and her always having to pronounce it for everyone. I think allot of times adopted kids just want to fit in and not stand out. I could use the name Lily Sha Miao, but I just can not convince myself to change it. Please leave me comments I know there is lots of wisdom out there!!!
I have to clear up from the post "Look what I got" We did NOT get our LID. =/ I fixed it so it does not sound like we did. We should be getting it this week I hope and we should be LID 11-4-09 or so which means we will already have been waiting almost 3weeks of the 2 to 4 months till LOA. That is a mouth full and probably makes no sense to the average person!! But to those of us in this crazy world of China adoption it makes perfect sense and I am sure I am not the only one calculating and analyzing on a daily basis! = ) It is all I can do if only I had some paperwork to complete! I did move Kai into Jacks room so I can begin working on Lily's room finally!
This Blog is about our Family. Growing like weeds we have been blessed with a home grown son and Travels to China for our son Feb 2007 and sweet girl in April 2010. Join us as we enjoy watching our Weeds grow!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Sorry Deb. I pray that you get your LID soon. God Bless, Dina
ReplyDeleteHi Deb, I have read that most children who are older at adoption opt to change their name. Especially internationally adopted children. I've read that in addition to wanting to "fit in" they also realize that they desire a way to distinguish their "new lives". Hope that helps :)
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Alicia