This Blog is about our Family. Growing like weeds we have been blessed with a home grown son and Travels to China for our son Feb 2007 and sweet girl in April 2010. Join us as we enjoy watching our Weeds grow!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 42

I love this doorway it is just beautiful! Buildings just don't have this kind of charm anymore! The Terminal Tower!
Public Square

a little sad to see not very many lights down town this year!



is that beautiful or what?



And here we have street performers!



We Took the Rapid transit Down Town to see Chris Kringle. We had a nice time! The kids loved it!! I remember going down there to see Higbees window and Mr. Jing A Ling at Christmas when I was a kid!
Things have been quit on my blog because I do not want this to be negative! I have been struggling these last few weeks so I have taken the advise "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" But I feel there are so many others waiting just like me that need to know they are not alone in how they are feeling. I get in this circle of being down about the wait getting longer and then feeling guilt for not being faithful enough to have peace with his timing. I just hate that these kids have families for a year and have to wait to come home. 150million orphans and it is soooo hard to bring them home. The stress is horrible. I pray each day that God gives me Peace in this wait...
I sent Lily a Christmas package last week Thursday so I am praying it gets to her!!
I am also praying for others who are carrying a burden this Christmas season, that the Lord will bless you with his peace too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Lovely pictures of your beautiful city with the Christmas spirit. Love the big windows and doors. Especially like the street performers!!! So cute.

    Yes, this year is especially hard. Last year was not so hard as we just had a hope and dream of our child somewhere in an orphanage. This year it is harder as I have a face a picture of my beautiful boy. It doesn't help that I can't walk right now either. So, Christmas will be very different for us this year. Oh how much we have to look forward to next year when our Jon Jon will be home with us.
    I pray that our children are safe and will feel our loving touch thru our Heavenly Father.

    How I wish I could adopt all of the orphans. Just to touch their lives with some joy and let them know they are loved....

    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog. Love the pictures and your soon-to-be daughter is gorgeous! We're adopting a little boy from Beijing who also has VSD (unsure whether it's been repaired or not). I'm praying you receive LOA very soon. I can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete