This Blog is about our Family. Growing like weeds we have been blessed with a home grown son and Travels to China for our son Feb 2007 and sweet girl in April 2010. Join us as we enjoy watching our Weeds grow!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Gods Blessings!!!!!

Last night was such a wonderful evening...
I got to watch Jack and a few other youth get baptized in the lake!!!
What a great thing for my soul = )
As he devotes his life to Christ!
To watch my oldest son grow up
To see him loving the Lord!
And afterwords a double rainbow!!!
This was so perfect


So beautiful
To end the night this way... Perfect!!!!
For in the morning I was to watch my son leave on his first missions trip...



4:30 in the morning...

To Lima Peru


To work with the orphans and children of Peru
So spread the joy of the Lord!
Prayers for the Team!!

...good byes

We are so proud of You Jack!!!!!!


I did not embarrass him and cry till they pulled away. And I am so emotional this morning everything send me to tears. I am so excited for Jack!!! I feel so blessed. I can not wait to hear about the trip and the way the Lord used him. I cant wait to see how this trip changes him. I feel very raw emotion a mom could feel being away from their son. The add the fact that he is in a different country and the fact that he is so young the fact that he has to responsible for him self and his things. I know God has it all worked out and each experience good or bad is growth. I am his MOM and I miss him like CRAZY and it is only 8:12am day one...
8 more days to go...
I did not think I would be so emotional he has gone to camp for 5 days the last 3 years, but this is different. And it is all emotions not just fear, it is joy, excitement, a little sadness that he is growing up so fast, gratefulness that he has this opportunity, happiness that he has a love for the Lord and is willing, and I think a few more I not sure I have words for. But what a send off Last night!!!!
Thank you Lord!
Please continue to Pray for the Team
that they will touch many lives
that they will all stay healthy and safe travels!!!

1 comment:

  1. Deb,
    What a great memory you all will have of that day and a double rainbow to top it off! I can only imagine how hard it is for you to have Jack so far away. Your faith and His love will carry you through.
    God Bless,
    Dina

    p.s.
    Rich messed with the blog account and now has this ridiculous name attached to it....I am working on having him change it. I'm trying to remember my sense of humour but it is hard sometimes

    ReplyDelete