I could not think of the perfect title for this post...
I read many blogs and follow many adoption sites and organizations I came upon this site...
http://asiahope.blogspot.com/
I read the Friday May 28th post. Why was I lead to page on this day?? There is a reason for everything!!! This I truly believe! I read about the boy who had stolen the writers heart. The smart and talented boy. The coordinated intelligent adorable boy. The boy Mark who has Hydrocephalus. This is where many people will stop reading. Please don't!!! We adopted our son Kai at 3 1/2 years old with untreated Hydrocephalus. He is all these things too smart talented intelligent adorable and so much more!!! Hydrocephalus is very treatable. Mark has a shunt our son had surgery and may never need any more treatment. We knew nothing about hydrocephalus before we saw the face of the cutest little boy and then we reached and stepped out on a limb and trusted God. And we have the most loving kind and talented 6 year old son.
Back to my reading of that post...
What did I do when I read it I could not leave it alone I had to have more info. So I contacted them and asked for his file. What was I doing??? We have only been home less than 2 months... Mike saw the email come back and said have you been on the waiting child sight again!! Yes sorry but I really felt led to get his information. So that brings me to reviewing his file...
He is so sweet, really so sweet!!! They emailed me lots of pictures and a video. He is so very handsome and sweet. As I read his file I knew what I had to do and why I was led to that post that day!! No not because he was to be our son. But because I can help by spreading the word about him and by sharing my experience about hydrocephalus. His family is out there and the connection just has to be made. So Please Help Mark's family find him!! Please pass the word that he is waiting and that hydrocephalus is not such a scary thing, many people with it live normal lives, you may know some and just don't know they have it! One person off the top of my head who has it is the boy on Little People Big Word on TLC I believe it is Zach. If anyone has any questions I am more than willing to share what I know or lead you to some of the information I have. If you would like to view Marks file contact Marci marcisk@asiadopt.org
Please just take a look and open your heart to this sweet young boy!!!


Maybe you are not the family but please help by passing this on.
I was led to that post and you have been led to this one so please be led to do your part!






We have a friend who was born premature with hydrocephalus. He was on the wrestling team all through high school, went to college, graduated and now runs his family's dairy farm. He still has a shunt but it is not an issue!!!
ReplyDeleteI am trying very hard to talk my husband into adopting Mark. He is very stubborn, but I'm going to keep trying. I found out from Marci that Mark's shunt was removed in 2008.
ReplyDelete